Thursday, September 4, 2014

Quilts of Valor - #3


I just completed the next Quilts of Valor quilt, and I have to say, I love it.  It was my first free motion custom quilting and I think it went pretty well.  I went with large swirls for the top and bottom red borders, a tipsy star loop pattern for the blue border, stippling for the side stripe borders, echoing stars around the top flag printed fabric, and then a simple wave for the center flag-like motif.  But enough chit chat, on to pictures!!



 
 



































Sorry not sorry if that was too many pictures :)

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this stunner! Love it and our flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Don't you just love your Innova!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! I especially love the wavy lines through the center!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for so many close-up photos. That 's really helpful for a beginning quilter like me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the compliments, ladies! It means so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the sense of movement from the waves through the center. Great job and thanks for working with QOV!

    ReplyDelete