Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Flower Power Quilt for Swirly Girl's Designs

This quilt is by Susan, is mainly applique, and is incredibly fun!!  This is one quilt in a series that I completed for Swirly Girl's Designs.  I used several different custom quilting motifs to create the look of the quilting.  I mimicked the shape of the flower and created additional shape elements to each flower.  I love the quilt pattern and I love how the quilting turned out!!

You can order the pattern here:
https://www.swirlygirlsdesign.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html















































5 comments:

  1. The quilting compliments the quilt wonderfully! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extraordinary quilting! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilting, perfect choice. Appears as though you changed thread colors to match each motif? What kind of thread was used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's monofilament thread, so no thread color changes.

      Delete
  4. This is the most beautiful quilting ever!!! What a gem of a quilt,and your quilting takes it to an entirely different dimension. I was surfing the web and clicked on the photo and it lead me to your site. Happy to have landed here. Your pics are so clear and inspiring--eye candy definitely. Brenda in Texas. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete