Sunday, December 6, 2015

Minion Quilt Mini Swap!

I finally got around to uploading some pictures of a mini quilt that I recently made for an instagram mini swap, theme was MINIONS!!  How fun.  I made up this pattern as I went, mainly just tracing shapes that I found around my house, like plates or whatever.  It's all applique and then quilted with some swirls in the background.  The one minion ended up a little wrinkly, but it's ok.  I love how it turned out, and so did my partner!













22 comments:

  1. What size was your finished quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is very clever you should make up a pattern I am sure it would sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have to think about that :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, make a pattern, only bigger in a useful kids size, please. This is adorable. The charity quilters need a bigger size & boy quilt patterns.

      Delete
  3. I would love a pattern. Bigger kid or adult size lap quilt. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun. My grandchildren love these characters. Thank you for sharing your talents. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's the little pocket on the backside for? The blanket is super cute! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a pocket on each top corner, which is used for hanging it on the wall with a dowel. And the dowel is typically resting on two nails into the wall. Thanks!!

      Delete
  6. Im in love with this i have a question how did you get them to look like they have loft, that puffy look. Did you place a fusible under them first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two layers of batting, a poly/cotton blend and wool on top, that gives it the poof. The colored fabric was appliquéd using Hear and Bond.

      Delete
  7. very cute! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete