Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ghost of Projects Past

Since this blog is pretty new, I figured it might be worthwhile to do a post about some of the sewing creations that have come to fruition over the last couple years...

The very first sewing project I ever made was about two and a half years ago when I found a giant pile of old tshirts in my fiance's stuff that we were packing up before he was deployed to Afghanistan.  He said he'd been saving them for awhile and wanted to send them away to be made into a tshirt quilt.  Being naively confident, I said, well I can make it myself.  Turned out he had enough for a queen sized quilt (OK, so maybe naively ambitious as well) and I didn't even own a sewing machine.  So I borrowed a machine from a friend and somehow I managed to get through it with my share of blood, sweat, and maybe even a few tears.  All that being said, it think it turned out relatively nice:



Since then, I've made another queen tshrit quilt for his parents:


And I've been sewing ever since.  Here's a few projects...



























It's actually been really fun going back through my seemingly endless photo stream.  Hope you enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment